Bendigo & Woodend child protection lawyers

Child protection and DHHS

If a report is made to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) about a child, then this must be investigated. If you are contacted by DHHS you have a right to ask why they are contacting you and what options they are considering. You should also be told of any decisions that are made by DHHS.

You have a right to seek legal advice and it is important you seek legal advice before you sign any agreements with DHHS. At JS Law, we can provide legal advice for clients in Kyneton, Castlemaine, Gisborne, Bendigo and the Macedon Ranges surrounding child protection issues.