Family Law Parenting and Property and Divorce
Both parties in a family law parenting and property matter have an ongoing duty of disclosure.
In a family law property matter or financial settlement, a request to provide your financial documents either from your solicitor for the solicitor acting for the other party is a normal process and should not cause concern. The reason for the request is to determine the value of the asset pool.
Commonly you will need to provide the following documents:
- Past 3 years of taxation returns;
- Current bank account statements;
- Current credit card statements;
- Current superannuation statements;
- Current mortgage statements;
- Share holding statements and BAS statements.
If you are unsure of what is required, it is important not to delay but to ask your solicitor. Family law parenting and property matters will progress if both parties can promptly comply with requests.